News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/14/2013 8:46:46 AM to 2/2/2013 12:05:00 AM.

News Flash

Public Works

Posted on: January 14, 2013

[ARCHIVED] Sectional Rehabilitation of Wisconsin Avenue

The City of Norwich has proposed a project for the rehabilitation of a 1,650 foot section of Wisconsin Avenue in the Norwich Business Park. The limit of this project begins at the south end of Wisconsin Avenue at the intersection with Connecticut Avenue and continues for 1,650 feet north, to approximately 200 feet south of Oxford Drive. This project is in the concept stage and may be recommended for construction under the Surface Transportation Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation. This project, if supported by the community and City officials, will be designed by the City.

It is the City’s and the State’s policy to keep citizens informed and involved when such projects are undertaken. It is important that the community share its concerns to assist in the project’s development.

It is proposed to remove and replace the existing pavement. Incidental work will include the replacement of catch basin tops, curbing, and the replacement and/or repair of existing guide rail.

Based upon preliminary assessment the construction cost will be approximately $460,000.00. It is anticipated that the project will be funded through the STP urban program in which the City will be reimbursed by the Federal Highway Administration for 80% of the Construction cost with the remaining 20% provided by the City.

Anyone interested in obtaining further information or providing input may do so by contacting Mr. Patrick J. McLaughlin P.E. at (860) 823-3798 by January 31st, 2013.

Facebook Twitter Email