Norwich Works: Work, Education & Training
Providing Services to Help Improve the Quality of Life in Our Community
Norwich Works provides job training and employment services to the area’s unemployed or underemployed to enable them to enter the workforce and gain economic security. Norwich Works provide eligible Norwich residents support and resources to improve their job skills, employment opportunities, and the ability to afford their basic needs, including housing, food, clothing, and transportation.
Areas of study include Certified Nurse Aide, EKG Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, Pharmacy Technician, CDL A & B, Bartending, and more!
Some programs require applicant to pass an entrance exam before enrollment.
This Workforce Development initiative is funded by: Chelsea Groton Foundation, Dime Bank Foundation, Eastern Savings Bank Foundation, Norwich Community Development Block Grant, Liberty Bank Foundation, and Savings Institute Financial Group Foundation.
- Must be a Norwich resident by proof of a signed lease, rent receipt, or Norwich Public Utility bill;
- 18 years old or older;
- Norwich Works Intake Form;
- A valid U.S. passport, birth certificate, or a valid Permanent Resident Card;
- A valid U.S. state driver’s license or a valid state-issued ID;
- High School Diploma/GED or college transcript;
- Verification of all household income for the past four (4) weeks, including paystubs, social security benefits, child support, pension, unemployment compensation, etc., or sign a zero income affidavit; and
- * Other program requirements may apply.
Participation in the program requires:
- Must agree to participate in case management and be in contact with Employment Specialist at least once every 30 days;
- Signing a Release of Information for the various occupational program(s) providing the training. Students attending Three Rivers Community College for job training courses need to sign a FERPA.
Please call for an appointment with Employment Specialist, Reyni Joseph. You may fill out an application in advance of your appointment. Please bring ALL documents to your appointment or email ALL documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.