- Human Services
- Youth, Family, and Recreation
- Youth Employment Programs
Youth Employment Programs
In-School Youth Career Counseling
Norwich Youth & Family Services offers a youth employment program for low-income seniors in high school. We engage and prepare in-school youth from the Greater Norwich area who meet the WIOA eligibility guidelines and have barriers to employment.
The program provides:
- Academic Support, Career Assessment, and Transition Planning
- Financial Literacy, Entrepreneurial Skills, Basic Skills in Reading and Math, and Life Skills Training
- Career exploration and help with labor market information
- Job placement/internship/work-based learning opportunities
- Portfolios documenting all components of the In-School Youth Program
- Youth Mentorship with a caring adult
- Leadership, communication, and team-building skill development activities
An integral component of the ISY program is the temporary paid internship experience. Participants will apply and be interviewed for individualized worksite internships that are related to the youth’s career interests and foster growth in work readiness skill development.
Anyone with questions may call Norwich Human Services at 860-823-3778 and ask for Youth Employment.
Summer Youth Internship Program
Norwich Youth & Family Services also offers a Summer Youth Internship Program. Students, aged 14-24, will work for about 5 weeks in the summer on our dime, pending funding.
Applications are available - COMPLETE THIS INTEREST FORM TO BE INVITED TO APPLY.
SYIP Worksites offer employment opportunities where youth can find the link between work and their education, providing a job experience that is learning-rich and that includes feedback and support. Job functions may include but are not limited to assisting with medical records, patient care, childcare, clerical work, library aides, museum aides, maintenance, food preparation, customer service, program assistance, and gardening.
We are ACTIVELY RECRUITING WORKSITES... NEED FREE HELP? SIGN UP HERE TO BE A WORKSITE.
There are income requirements to qualify for the program, and everything required is listed in the Summer Youth Employment Program Application. We will not be able to interview Youth who submit incomplete applications.
Youth & Family Services
100 Broadway, Rm 212
Norwich, CT 06360
*Note that these programs target families at the Federal Lower Living Levels
Youth Employment Programming is made possible through funding from the Eastern CT Workforce Investment Board.