Youth & Family Services
The NYFS Mission:
We seek to promote the social and emotional health of our youth, families, and community by creating opportunities to engage, educate, and empower all citizens of Norwich.
How do we achieve our Mission?
- Positive Youth Development and Leadership Opportunities
- Juvenile Justice Diversion
- Family Involvement
- Mental Health Services
- Community Outreach
Every May, the City Of Norwich celebrates National Youth Service Day. The day is intended to recognize the importance of youth leadership as an important asset to our City. There are over 113 National Partners who support this initiative, as well as other year-round opportunities for youth.
National Youth Service Day has three primary goals:
1. Mobilize youth as leaders to identify and address the needs of their communities through service and learning
2. Support youth on a lifelong path of service and civic engagement
3. Educate the public, media, and policymakers about the year-round contributions of young people as community leaders.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the 2021 event was recorded for those who were not able to attend in person.
We have many videos for parents and youth on managing challenges, virtual touch-a-truck videos, self-care techniques, wellness, and our staff Story Time readings!
We post updates, resources, and information on our Facebook page regularly!
We post updates, resources, and information on our Instagram page regularly!
We have several videos on our Tik Tok, providing information about underage drinking and coping strategies for youth and adults!