City Operations during COVID-19
The coronavirus pandemic has caused unprecedented challenges for our nation, our state, and our community. As a result, we want to share how the City has modified our normal operations to work through this crisis to keep our citizens safe while continuing to provide vital services.
- Our Police and Fire Departments are fully staffed, working and responding as usual.
- The Public Works Department staff are working on separate shifts to minimize "social contact" while continuing to perform required maintenance on our infrastructure.
- Bulky Waste collection is temporarily suspended.
- All recreation programs have been cancelled and our Senior Center is closed until further notice.
- Norwich Basketball Courts, Tennis Courts, Playgrounds and the Skateboard Park are closed.
- City parks are open; however, please practice "social distancing".
- City Hall and the Planning, Building and Zoning Department are not open to the public.
- Planning, Building and Zoning Department are scheduling some remote inspections.
- The City Clerk's office is taking appointments to process all critical documentation such as birth and death certificates and other legal documents.
- Taxes may be paid securely on the City website.
- Youth & Family Services are offering several remote options to meet with staff.
As the day-to-day impact on our community from the coronavirus pandemic will evolve in the weeks ahead, please check the City's website at or the City's Facebook pages for regular updates going forward.
Please stay safe.
Mayor Peter Nystrom City Manager John Salomone